Tartu Tähetorn, Toome Hill, Tartu

Tartu Tähetorn, Toome Hill, Tartu

About

Had a little walk up Toome Hill again today but this time came across this wonderful little building. The Tartu Tähetorn (Tartu Observatory) was built in 1808-1810 and is placed upon the site of a former bishop's castle. The neoclassical building was originally topped by a dome but was rebuilt in 1925 to house a refractor. There is an astronomer's house nearby too.

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus